Motul USA is proud to be a partner of the BMW CCA O’Fest event and engage with BMW owners and enthusiasts! Our Technical Director will be presenting information on the history of Motul, our advancements in lubrication technology, how Motul works with BMW to receive factory approvals, and Motul’s history in motorsports. As the lubricant partner of BMW M Motorsports in IMSA, we will discuss what is involved with testing Motul 300V in the BMW M8 GTE vehicles and how the results help refine our consumer products. BMW CCA members can also ask technical questions at the end of the 1-hour sessions and during the entire week at our booth.
Below is a list of general topics to be discussed and we will close each session with a Q&A.
MOTUL SYNTHETIC BASICS:
- Company history and involvement in motorsports
- Synthetic versus non-synthetic oil
- What is an Ester?
BMW SERVICE PRODUCTS:
- Motul 8100 product line, focus on BMW LL-01 FE and LL-04 approvals
- How Motul products are tested to meet strict BMW OEM approvals
- Application guide for gear oils and brake fluid
- Motul products for classic BMWs
MOTUL & BMW M MOTORSPORTS:
- How Motul and BMW M Motorsports dyno test 300V for use in IMSA
- What we look for in used oil analysis after races
- The development process for new or refined versions of our performance products
- Motul product application guide for racing and performance lubricants