Griot’s Garage is proud to be the exclusive Car Care provider for the BMW CCA. The CCA is full of enthusiasts that want the best for their cars whether it be with performance in mind or appearance. Our Clinics will cover a wide variety of topics, the largest of which revolves around exterior paint care, wheel, tire and glass care followed by basic tips for caring for your BMW’s interior. Each session will begin with a brief presentation and then transition to an open forum for members to ask questions that pertain to their personal vehicles or areas that they would like to have further clarified by our experts. While the sessions will be one hour each, we will be present throughout the week to assess and aid with any member’s cleaning or paint issues with demonstrations and training provided whenever necessary. We look forward to a great Oktoberfest full of fun and interaction with all of the CCA’s members.
BELOW IS A LIST OF TOPICS THAT WILL BE COVERED, REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR QUESTIONS!
EXTERIOR PAINT OVERVIEW:
- Types of BMW paint and clear coats used over the past 10 years.
- Microfiber technology, types and uses.
- Best practices for light dust removal both in the garage and in direct sunlight at a show.
- Cleaning heavy brake dust: new technologies for combating an age old problem.
- Clay Bars: Types, when and how to use.
- Polishing vs. Waxing: Paint inspection to determine what type of correction will need to be performed.
- Understanding the difference between polymer sealants and natural carnauba products.
- Proper applications of both hand and machine applied products, micro fiber and pad technology PPI (pores per square inch).
- Using the water bead test to know how much protection you have left on your paint.
- Leather treatment: Conditioning vs. cleaning, vat dyed vs. spray dyed and maintaining perforated leather.
- Dashboard maintenance, silicone free protectants.
- Glass cleaning tips and techniques, polishing and water spot removal. Avoiding cleaners and applicators that can streak your glass.
- Carpet cleaning tips for deep stain removal by hand.