BMW’s only American factory is a marvel of the blending of modern engineering and design aesthetics. See for yourself how the ultimate driving machine is built during a guided plant tour.
Please note: Factory tour schedules, details, and registration link will be released at a later date. Once this information is available, we will email everyone who has registered for O’Fest. Tours will need to be booked a minimum of four weeks in advance of the event. Waivers must be signed before the day of your tour and attendees are subject to a background check.
- Advanced reservations are required. Guests 18 and older, must present a picture ID upon arrival for scheduled tour.
- Tour participants must be 12 years of age or older.
- Completely enclosed shoes are required to tour our facility. No flip flops, high heels, open toe, open side, or open heel shoes are permitted. You will NOT be permitted on the tour if your shoes do not meet the guidelines. No Exceptions.
- Cameras and camera phones are not permitted. Cell phones must be turned off during the tour. Please leave personal belongings locked in your vehicle.
- Tour participants will walk a distance of 1 to 2 miles depending on the tour route scheduled (either 1 hour or 2 hour tour).
- BMW reserves the right to cancel tours at any time.
The physical size of BMW Plant Spartanburg is approximately 7.0 million square feet with the recent addition of a new body shop, an expansion of the X5/X6 assembly hall, and an expansion of logistics. Current construction includes the expansion of Assembly North (X3/X4 assembly) by 140,000 square feet and renovation/re-tooling of the first-generation X4 body shop.
Currently, BMW Manufacturing produces more than 1,400 vehicles each day. The factory is the global center of competence for BMW X3, X4, X5, X6 and X7 Sports Activity Vehicles and Coupes (and their variants) to more than 140 global markets.