Friday - All vehicles except M2, M3, M4, 1M Coupe, Z M Coupes/Roadsters and racecars
Saturday - M2, M3, M4, 1M Coupe, Z M Coupes/Roadsters, race cars
Anyone not running on they day their day can run for FUN.
• All “Street Legal” cars must be registered or be capable of being registered for highway usage, meeting all DOT safety equipment and inspection criteria of the licensing jurisdiction.
• The course shall be available for walking at least twice per day for 30-minute intervals as posted to all participants.
• ALL participating vehicles must have functioning mufflers or electronic noise canceling frequency generators.
• FTD trophies will be a local option and limited to BMW only.
• FTD prize awards are subject to the sponsor and limited to BMW only.
• Instructors may ride with Novices upon request.
• Passengers are not permitted in any class.
• The Event Chair will resolve classification disputes/appeals.
We are committed to running a safe event. Participants are required to wear a helmet while on the course. The required minimum helmet rating allowed is a Snell-rated SA2005 or M2005. The helmet will be checked upon your check-in at the course. Bring a helmet with you, even if you have to borrow one. Loaner helmets available at the autocross.
Cars or drivers judged to be operating unsafely will be removed from the course.
Three or four performance levels (A, B, C and D) will exist for each model’s group. Models are assigned to a specific level by definition. Performance Level A is presumed the highest and C/D the lowest.
Three stages of preparation are herein defined:
Stage One: preparation is permitted in the assigned base level.
Stage Two: preparations elevate the car one level. (C>B or B>A)
Stage Three: preparations elevate the car two levels. (C>A)
The days are split with M2, M3, M4, M Roadsters/Coupes, 1M coupe and race cars on Saturday, all others Friday.
|Types of Cars|
|B||2002tii, 2002 Turbo, 1800tisa|
|2||3 Series with four‑cylinder engine||D||E21 320, E30 318 with two-valve engine|
|C||E30 and E36 318 with four-valve engine|
|B||E36 318ti, Club Sport, Z3 1.9|
|3||1,2,3,4 Series with four/six‑cylinder engine||D||E21 320 and 323i, E30 323i, 325i, 325is,
E36 323i, 325i, 325is, Z3 2.3, E46 323i, 325i
E90 325i, 328i, 328xi
|C||E36 328i, 328is, Z3 2.8, 2.8 Coupe, E46 330i, Z4 3.0si
E82 128i, E90 330i
|B||E82 135i, E90 335xi, E91 335d, E92 335i
Z4 35is, Fx 2 Series, Fx4 Series
(1987 – 1991)
|5||E36/E46/E92 /F series
(1992 – present)
E81 M coupe
|D||E36 M3, Lightweight, Euro|
|C||M roadster (Z3 & Z4), M coupe (Z3 & Z4), E46 M3|
|B||E46 M3 Competition Package, E92 M3
E81 1M coupe, M2
|A||F series M3, F series M4|
|6||BMW MINI||C||MINI Cooper|
|B||MINI Cooper S|
|A||MINI GP, MINI JCW|
|7||Touring||C||524td, 525iT, 530iT, Bavaria, all 6-cylinder 7 Series, 2500s, 3.0S, 3.0Si, E12 5 Series, E28 5 Series EXCEPT M5, 6-cylinder E34 5 Series except M5, X5, 2800/3.0cs, 630, 633, 635, X3, X5 3.0, all 6-cylinder E60 5 Series (except 535i)
|B||E24 M6, M635, M1
E28 and E34 M5, E34 5 Series (8-cylinder)
E39 and E60 535i, plus 8‑ and 12-cylinder 7 Series, 850, 840, Z8, 550i, 650i
ALL E65 and E66 7 Series, 8-cylinder X5
|A||E39 M5, E60 M5, E63 M6|
|8||Race||All BMWs that are street-legal|
|10||First autocross, ever. BMW or MINI only.|
|11||First autocross, ever. E30/E36/E46/E92 M3s only.|
Stages of Preparation
• Any appearance, comfort or convenience modifications that do not materially reduce weight or affect handling or performance are allowed.
• Alternate seats, belts and steering wheels are allowed.
• Engine power chips and flash software are allowed.
• Any non-R Compound, DOT-approved tire with discernable tread, safely fitting specified wheels for this class, may be used. 140 UDQG or higher is considered non R.
• Any wheel of stock diameter that does not require wheel spacers or body modifications, provided tire contact patch does not extend beyond fender opening when viewed from the top, perpendicular to the ground, is allowed.
• Any make and type of shock absorber using original type mounting hardware and attach-ment points is allowed.
• Substitution, addition, or removal of sway bars using any bushing material, OE mounting points, and OE-style end links are allowed. Tubular bars are allowed.
• Standard OEM springs may not be cut, shortened or collapsed.
• Suspension may be adjusted within OE design parameters without cutting or modification.
• Bushing type changes are not allowed.
• Any spark plugs, points, coils and/or ignition wire brand are allowed.
• Any make of exhaust system using OE header/ manifold without modification or removal of catalytic converter is allowed. Exhaust system must be operational.
• OEM active suspensions are permitted.
• Limited slip friction clutching ratio, rear drive ratio, transmission ratios, carburetion and fuel injection must be of standard OE type.
• Progressive 32/36 DGV 2 barrel type carburetors are considered as standard type.
• 38/38 DGAS or 40/40 DGAS are considered synchronous 2 barrels and are not allowed.
• All brake linings and pads are allowed.
• Non-stock brakes are allowed.
• Drilled rotors are allowed.
• Strut braces are permitted.
• Cone filter-type air intakes are allowed.
• Short-throw shifters are allowed.
• Non-stock transmission and engine mount bushings are allowed.
• No modification of the mounting points is allowed.
• Any non-software-programmable ignition system is allowed.
• R Compound tires are allowed. Less than 140 UDQG or higher is considered R Compound.
• Battery may be relocated, but not in passenger compartment.
• Ride height may be altered by change or modi-fication of springs using original attachment points.
• Any type of suspension bushing material permitted.
• Offset bushings and adjustable camber plate may be used.
• Original mounting holes may be slotted.
• Bodywork may be modified for tire clearance.
• Tire contact patch may extend beyond body-work.
• Tires must be DOT approved.
• Wheels may be any diameter, width or offset.
• Limited slip differentials may be added or slip clutch friction ratio increased above 41%.
• Locked/welded units are allowed.
• Roll cages are permitted.
• Exhaust headers are allowed.
• Gasket matching, but not porting, is permitted.
• Lightweight flywheels are allowed.
ANY OF THE FOLLOWING MODIFICATIONS ARE ALLOWED:
• Any camshaft change.
• Fuel injection modifications including injectors, flow meters, or control units such as Haltech, etc.
• Rear drive ratio may be changed to greater than 4.11:1.
• Carburetion changes greater than 2 barrel.
• Nitrous, turbo or supercharger additions.
• Compression increased above 9.5:1 by change of pistons and/or shaving of cylinder heads.
• Porting or polishing of intakes or cylinder heads.
• Stroker engines or overbores beyond +1 mm.
• Suspension change requiring cutting or weld-ing of any component other than the spring itself, such as spring mounts, control arms or cross members.
• User software programmable ignition systems and add-on crank fire systems such as Electromotive.
• Removal of bumpers, interiors and seats.
THE FOLLOWING MODIFICATIONS WILL BE CLASSED AS RACE:
• Non-DOT tires.
• Street-legal vehicles.
• Stripped body shells.
• Non-stock chassis.